It’s 2018! Happy New Year! Using Instagram Highlights as a Mood Board
First of all, welcome back to my blog. I hope this new year will be filled with a lot of joy, love and happiness. I hope that we will experience a greater sense of peace, across the globe, this year and an abundance of incredible moments to fill our days!
New Year’s Eve is usually something I spend with my family and friends and this year has been the best. We went for a quiet little getaway in Waterberg and I am excited to share our trip with you in a future post. I would also love to hear about your celebrations, bringing in the new year and how you spent your festive.
Please comment below sharing some of that with me.
I’ve never really been somebody who makes new years resolutions but I do set goals for myself. This year I figured I’m going to plan my goals a little better.
Instagram Highlights Feature
I’ve started using the Highlights feature, on Instagram, as a Mood Board. Probably not the way it should be used, but it works superbly.
It allows you to save to the stories you upload, to your profile, that will stay there until you want to remove them. They save into little group tabs (on your profile page) and you create and name them anything you like.You may create a whole bunch of these. I created a group called Inspo, which range from things I would like to purchase to things I would like to accomplish. From beautiful pastel hair colours to new equipment, to pets, to experience.
It is kind-of a wishlist but instead of the term ‘wish’, it is something I am able to see daily, that INSPIRES me to work harder in order to actually possess these things.
There are so many things that I would like to accomplish this year and becoming a full-time Blogger/ Content Creator is definitely high on my list. I enjoy my job but it’s like, imagine what life would feel like, living everyday doing what you’re passionate about? It would be as though you’re finally able to Live and Be Happy. That is my two goals this year by the way, Live and Be Happy.
When I say Live, I mean Experience Life. and when I say Happy, I mean, completely and holistically HAPPY.
As some of you may have seen, I usually start a Memory Box every year, and I collect moments throughout the year. Pictures of things I experience, something that I accomplished or anything I wouldn’t like to forget. And for 2017, these are a few of the things I wanted to remember and treasure. These are only the items I am able to throw into a little box, but the lessons learnt and the incredible moments I got to experience with the people I love and cherish, goes without saying. Meeting beautiful people who has become good friends and finding strength during the harder times has proven just how strong we each are.
In my 2017 Memory Box, I recalled some incredible moments. Some of which is not including in this photo but let me walk you through some of the things I have included in this photo…
- Winning a GHD competition and receiving one of the incredible new GHD stylers.
- Getting a “pit pass” to Bastille, one of my all-time favourite bands! Getting so up-close and personal with the band was amazing!
- Upgraded VVIP suite tickets to Justin Bieber and getting to enjoy that with my sister!
- Celebrated the 30th anniversary of the brand Nomination, and then winning some jewellery from them as well.
- Receiving products from some of my favourite brands and having the opportunities to have collaborated with them.
- Attending my first international colour run on my birthday and being a finalist on their Paris trip competition.
- Attending Ultra with a group of my friends and dancing our socks off!
- Having the opportunity to interview Miss Universe and congratulating her on being from our South Africa.
- Attending muliple shows that definitely stood out for me this year, from Opera to Rock of Ages! Attending movie premieres like Justice League or taking my family to the Batman Lego Premiere, and attending other exciting events and meeting Travis Pastrana and Brandy Norwood.
- And finally, I created new merch and started expanding my brand and also starting this new blog in May 2017. Having the opportunity to have launched and grown in such a short amount of time, has made me feel overwhelmed with joy. I have reached 15 000 visitors and 50 000 hits in under a year. I certainly hope these numbers will continue to grow and that my true friends and supporters will stay with me on my journey and that we will share thousands of great memories together. I am also so grateful to have been able to run numerous giveaways to thank you all for the support I have received.
Another way I use the Instagram Highlights is to save all those incredible moments so that it will be a highlight video of all the great things happening in 2018. When the year is over, it’s going to be a great look-back at all of my most precious moments.
I am so incredibly grateful for every little thing I have been blessed with and also those things I have been protected from. God is Great.
I appreciate it all so much and I am beyond excited to work towards accomplishing my dreams this year.
Please comment below, some of the goals you have set for yourself this year and if you will be using the Instagram Highlights feature like I am?