SK Outdoor Movie Experience – Rampage – with Stef
With the end of Summer at its peak, Ster-Kinekor couldn’t have capitalized on a better time for their big outdoor movie experience and premier of The Rock’s latest film, Rampage. The premier event was well attended with families, couples and friends coming out in for a relaxing and enjoyable social evening under the stars.
For some of us that was fortunate to experience the VIP treatment, it was more than an added benefit.
All-inclusive thirst-quenching drinks, pallet tickling appetizers and free popcorn combos are just some of the amazing items that was part of our VIP package. A definite “must have” for the next show.
The event was very well organised, all movie goers where given a wrist strap upon entry. There were plenty of activities before the movie started that kept the audience entertained with spot prizes for people who dared nominate themselves for a bit of competition amongst the crowd. The soft grass pitch surrounding the stadium accommodated the large crowd with ease, mostly because of the strategic layout plan executed by the organisers. The movie started at 8pm, shortly before the sun set but this is definitely the kind of event that you need to get to super early in order to secure a good space.
Nothing feels more like a summer evening to me than watching a movie in an open space on a picnic blanket under the stars. Although I have been to outdoor movies before, each event is unique in its own way.
We watched the premier of Rampage, a 2018 American science fiction monster film directed by Brad Peyton, and loosely based on the video game series of the same name by Midway Games.
The film stars Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris, Malin Akerman, Jake Lacy, Joe Manganiello, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
he film follows a primatologist named Davis Okoye, who must team up with George, a white gorilla who turns into a raging creature of enormous size following a rogue experiment, in order to stop two other giant monsters a flying wolf and a gigantic alligator.
Overall the experience was fun, the VIP treatment felt special and a tick on the bucket list for the next event.
Thanks SK for the experience.
- DWAYNE JOHNSON (177.3M social followers) plays “Davis,” a zoologist with a focus in primates. Davis has a special connection with animals – especially with a rare Albino gorilla named George, whom Davis had rescued from poachers. Having served in the Special Forces, Davis possesses unique skills that will serve him well as he embarks on a journey to save his friend – and the world. Dwayne Johnson is known for San Andreas and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle.
- NAOMIE HARRIS (216K followers) portrays “Kate Caldwell,” a geneticist who joins forces with Davis to help stop the marauding beasts, help George, and secure an antidote that will restore the creatures to their original size. Harris is an English actress who received an Academy Award nomination for her role in Moonlight.
- JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN (1.75M followers) plays “Harvey Russell,” a black ops agent. Russell works for the ultra-deep cover “OGA” (“Other Government Agency”). Russell’s motives and loyalties provide some of the film’s big surprises. Morgan is known for The Walking Dead.
- MALIN AKERMAN (647K followers) plays the villainous “Claire Wyden,” who runs, with her brother Brett (JAKE LACY), a corporation that has turned the pathogen that has infected George and two other animals into the ultimate weapon. Akerman is known for Watchmen.
- JOE MANGANIELLO (3.2M followers) plays, “Burke,” the biggest, baddest member of a private military firm owned by the Wydens. His elite team goes on the hunt for a wolf infected with the pathogen…to shocking results. Manganiello is known for TV’s True Blood.
- The ensemble also includes P.J Byrne (The Wolf of Wall Street), Marley Shelton (The Walking Dead), Breanne Hill (San Andreas), Jack Quaid (The Hunger Games: Catching Fire), Matt Gerald (TV’s Daredevil), Jason Liles (Death Note), Demetrius Grosse (TV’s The Brave) and Will Yun Lee (TV’s Hawaii Five-O).
- The RAMPAGE creatures are brought to life by acclaimed VFX supervisor Colin Strause (San Andreas) with five-time Academy Award-winning visual effects company Weta Digital (The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, the Planet of the Apes trilogy).