There has been increased communication and alerts around the spread and risk of the Corona Virus. The impact on business due to ports closing and supply chain effects is being monitored and addressed by Group and the relevant divisional teams. Please see the attached for some basic information on the virus.
In terms of safety and health, the following are some steps that we need to follow in order to ensure the safety of our staff, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and record the number of staff that are on sick leave. Don’t wait until staff return to work. Keep in close communication with those off sick.
- Monitor travel and movement of all staff members. Know who has recently travelled to infected areas and if required ask them to quarantine themselves.
- Avoid allowing access to travellers from known infected areas into our areas of operation.
- Should you have any team members in infected areas, please make immediate contact with them to ascertain their health status and implement precautionary measures where required.
- Furthermore, avoid travel to areas of known infection.
- Inform staff of any threat levels or alerts that may have been issued.
- Tell your colleagues and managers what you are doing, where you are going and why – communication is important.
- Prepare to Escalate. If infection is confirmed in your area then you should be prepared for your next steps. These steps may include:
- Increase the frequency of cleaning the building
- Put up hygiene reminder posters
- Consider a work from home policy
- Ask people to quarantine themselves at home if they are unwell
- Restrict face-to-face meetings
- Preventing ‘hot-desking’ & sharing phones
- Provide hand gel
- Ensure your suppliers are able to continue to support you, or make alternative plans
- Talk to customers & other stakeholders about these measure.
The following link https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ can be used for updated alerts and useful supporting information. Let’s take all the necessary precautions and ensure that we all stay infection free.
Should there be any queries, concerns or questions please contact your manager, HR or SHEQ representative for assistance and support.